The ‘Simple’ Wifi Modem it’s a device I’ve designed and built to connect a computer with a standard RS232 serial port to a telnet BBS. It does not use an analog phone line but internet through a WiFi connection. Behaves like a Hayes dial-up modem, and it is designed and built for old computers.
My idea was to create a device with the same look and feel of a real modem: a lot of big, flashing, red LEDs and only a few SMD components.
– Emulation of a Hayes modem
– Available with DB25 or DB9 (both female)
– Uses 5v micro USB cable port for power
– LEDs for status, as in old modems
– Flow control hardware
– Optional 3D printed case (PLA)